Port-i386 archive

Re: Two scenarios leading to filesystem corruption under NetBSD-4.0, anyone seen this?

On 15-Apr-08, at 2:40 AM, Brian Buhrow wrote:
        Hello.  I'm running NetBSD-4.0-stable on several systems, and I've
noticed two scenarios where files can become incredibly corrupt, perhaps
they're related, perhaps not, I'm not sure.
        Has anyone else run into these problems, and, if so, did you have a
fix, or maybe shed some light on the trouble?

Indeed! I've found that I can easily trash an MS-DOS floppy image (connected with vnd(4) and mounted with mount_msdos(8)) just by adding or removing a file from it. This can be easily confirmed with fsck_msdos(8).

--
                                        Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc.
                                        <woods%planix.ca@localhost>