Port-i386 archive

Re: EeePC status?

On 3/31/08, Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Hubert Feyrer <hubert%feyrer.de@localhost>
> wrote:
>  >
>  >  Hi,
>  >
>  >  I think it would be nice to document the status of NetBSD's suport of
>  >  Asus' EeePC. If anyone can send me the data, I can collect and add it to
>  >  our webpages. I've made a start here:
>  >
>  >         http://www.feyrer.de/Misc/eee.html
>  >
>  >  This will live besides the "NetBSD on IBM PS/2" page eventually.
>

> Great idea, although we should probably host it on www.NetBSD.org.
>  Comments below.

Booting 4.99.58 GENERIC + boot-big.fs there's still a lot of "not
configured" stuff, but it seems to be mostly functional.  Comments
inline.

>  >    * Ethernet: lii(4)
>  >    * WiFi: in progress
>  mjf@ has patches: http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/mjf/ath_eee.diff

I just built GENERIC + patches and got lii0 (doesn't freeze) and ath0.
 I haven't tested the ath0 with wep/wpa yet, but I have used it on an
open network.

>  >    * Webcam: ?
>  UVC, not yet supported.

I got the non-webcam version of the eee.  Sorry.

>  >    * Power Management: ?
>  Suspend to RAM works with Xorg + xf86-video-intel-2.2.1, internal
>  display not restored on resume otherwise. The problem is understood,
>  but "works with Xorg" is good enough for me :)

lid closed and lid opened events show up on the console.  The volume
and brightness buttons don't seem to do anything

>  >    * Display: ?
>  Intel 915, works with XFree86 and Xorg (both i810 and intel drivers)
>
>  >    * Hardware-3D: ?
>  Should work, but not tested.
>
>  >    * Audio (play): ?
>  Intel HD audio (azalia). Realtek ALC662-GR 5.1 audio codec support
>  added to HEAD last night.

azalia0 probes.  I'm just booting boot-big.fs right now so I'm missing
a lot of key things.  (like mixerctl)

>  >    * Audio (record): ?
>  Not yet.
>
>  >    * USB support: ?
>  Yes.

Sees my uplcom0 attach/detach.

>  >    * SD Slot: ?
>  Supported with umass(4)

I have a umass0 at uhub4,
a scsibus0 at umass0,
and an sd0(umass0:0:0:0): Check Condition on CDB three times in dmesg.