Port-i386 archive

Re: EeePC status?

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Hubert Feyrer <hubert%feyrer.de@localhost>
wrote:

 Hi,

 I think it would be nice to document the status of NetBSD's suport of
 Asus' EeePC. If anyone can send me the data, I can collect and add it to
 our webpages. I've made a start here:

        http://www.feyrer.de/Misc/eee.html

 This will live besides the "NetBSD on IBM PS/2" page eventually.

Great idea, although we should probably host it on www.NetBSD.org.

I would also add that much of this is supported in netbsd-4 too (though not necessarily in-tree yet).

Comments below.

   * Ethernet: lii(4)

Driver has been backported to 4.0.

   * WiFi: in progress
mjf@ has patches: http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/mjf/ath_eee.diff

Driver works on 4.0

   * Webcam: ?
UVC, not yet supported.

See related GSoC project.

   * Power Management: ?
Suspend to RAM works with Xorg + xf86-video-intel-2.2.1, internal
display not restored on resume otherwise. The problem is understood,
but "works with Xorg" is good enough for me :)

Doesn't work on NetBSD 4. In fact, it's easier to disable ACPI entirely on NetBSD 4

   * Display: ?
Intel 915, works with XFree86 and Xorg (both i810 and intel drivers)

Works on NetBSD 4

   * Hardware-3D: ?
Should work, but not tested.

Ditto.

   * Audio (play): ?
Intel HD audio (azalia). Realtek ALC662-GR 5.1 audio codec support
added to HEAD last night.

Any chance of a backport of this?

   * Audio (record): ?
Not yet.

   * USB support: ?
Yes.

   * SD Slot: ?
Supported with umass(4)

Works on NetBSD 4

Our TCMu product (http://www.fastclients.co.uk/) is an EeePC with
custom version of ThinIT on it, set up to dual boot.

--
Stephen