Port-i386 archive

Re: Attaching piixide device before pdcsata device

Hi Quentin,

This would be an ideal solution however the hardware configuration, in terms of the number of internal drives, is not standard on our units. If the fstab file is fixed then we would encounter a problem if there are fewer than 5 drives in a unit. It is also not feasible to customise the fstab file for each type of configuration as the configuration can change as and when the users desire i.e. a system could have 1 to 4 drives when first setup but then a user may install an additional 4 drives using the Promise card and hence the problem would manifest.

The ideal solution, when taking all the different configurations into consideration, is to facilitate the mapping of the on-board drives first.

Regards,

Selvan