Port-i386 archive

Need netbsd-4 MP kernel

I'm [foolishly] changing my build system where I ran with a -current that
was crafted when Joerg S was folding in the ACPI code.  I had issues with
pkg_comp and how it would no longer build netbsd-4 packages (libkver spew as
it wasn't able to sysctl things) so I set out to take my build system to a
"clean" netbsd-4.

I can't boot from any of the bundled kernels.  I need a netbsd-4 kernel
built without ioapic and without acpi0.  I'm able to install from a
netbsd-4-0 INSTALL kernel if I go with
    boot -c
    disable ioapic
    disable acpi0
    quit

Bonus points for it being MP.

I'd run -current but I have to be able to build pkgsrc for both netbsd-3-1
and netbsd-4-0 and I don't know how well pkg_comp would handle it.

This is a HP/Compaq ML570 G2  (P32 4/26/2005 bios, latest/last)
I've tried the all the ACPI profiles but it seems to make little difference.

Other noise that may be useful:

Installing -current (circa 10 Jan 2008) works flawlessly if I select the
NOACPI boot option.

If I try to use the GENERIC.NOACPI kernel from -current init exits
immediately as it's about to mount root (netbsd-4-0 /).

Thanks and sorry for the noise.

peter