Port-i386 archive

Re: Interrupts with MP kernel

        hello.  I'm writing as a followup to rudolf%eq.cz@localhost's complaint
in
October of 2007 that MP kernels didn't work on Sun Fire X2200M2 machines
under NetBSD-4.0 and -current.  The symptom is that one CPU, CPU0, is 95%
busy with interrupts, though vmstat -i doesn't show any obvious culprits.
        With netbsd-4 sources pulled from cvs on 2/28/2008, I still see this
problem.
        I'm wondering if any one else is trying to use MP kernels on X2200M2
systems, and, if they're having any success, either with tweaks to the
netbsd-4 branch, or with -current.
        These machines work beautifully under NetBSD-3 and NetBSD-4 with UP
kernels, but we'd like to take advantage of our extra processing power, if
ossible.

-thanks
-Brian

P.S.   I'm happy to help debug this, but I'll need some direction since I'm
not too familiar with how all the MP interrupt stuff works.
-thanks
-brian