Port-i386 archive

Re: MATH_EMULATE

On Jun 4,  8:04am, Steve Woodford wrote:
} On Friday 11 January 2008 01:47:05 Andrew Doran wrote:
} > I tried this out by disabling FP. The machine booted OK but a lot was
} > broken. Almost all recent x86 processors have FP, including the
} > embedded class ones, so I think it should be removed.
}
} I'm all for removing it, so long as i386 libc is fixed to support
} soft-float builds.
}
} For the record, I have a local port of NetBSD for the Linksys WRT54GR,
} which has an RDC-something-or-other SoC:
}
}  cpu0 at mainbus0: (uniprocessor)
}  cpu0: Cyrix 486DLC (486-class)

     Wow!  I've almost forgotten about those things.  I'm surprised
that anybody is still using them and that Cyrix is still around.  I'm
sure that there are processors that are better and just as cheap that
can be used.

}-- End of excerpt from Steve Woodford