Port-i386 archive

Re: on the "demise" of NetBSD/i386

On Jun 2,  3:44pm, jakllsch%kollasch.net@localhost wrote:
}
} With talk and action of killing support for 386{,7}
} processors, shouldn't the port be renamed (at least

     This was effectively done years ago.  I.e. it is highly unlikely
that anything from 2.0 onwards would run effectively on an actual 386.

} (A rather dumb question as it seems stupid to
} create such a fracture in CVS revisions.)

     It would be too much churn for no good reason.  Besides, most
people understand i386 to mean ix86 anyways.

} Also, we should probably un-suggest supporting
} the Sun 386i. (http://www.netbsd.org/ports/#suggested-i386)

     mmm...  roadrunner...  You're right, there is no way that modern
NetBSD could run on it, so done.

}-- End of excerpt from jakllsch%kollasch.net@localhost