Port-i386 archive

Using bootxx_fat16

I've tried to get bootxx_fat16 + boot working.

I took a pen drive, formatted it under Windows to ensure it had a clean FAT (not FAT32) filesystem, then copied /boot and a kernel to the filesystem.

laptop# mount_msdos /dev/sd0e /mnt
laptop# ls /mnt
BOOT    NETBSD

I set the first partition as active. bootxx_fat16 is doing its magic loading /boot. However, once in the boot loader, I can't find a working path to the kernel. I've tried:

hd0a:netbsd
hd0a:NETBSD
hd0e:netbsd
hd0e:NETBSD

I've also tried copying the kernel on with the -s and -l options to mount_msdos (not at the same time!).

What am I missing?

--
Stephen