Re: problem to install 3.0

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 21:02:09 +0300 "Valeriy E. Ushakov"
<uwe%ptc.spbu.ru@localhost> wrote:

> > > There's no cksum in miniroot. This looks more like tar is corrupt,
> > > because there was not any problem with gunzip. Did someone test
> that
> > > miniroot's tar is ok? Maybe a problem with crunchgen. Could be
> broken
> > > hardware aswell.
> >
> > Miniroot's tar is ok. The problem was that the cf card in pcmcia
> > slot did not work correctly. I was trying to extract a tar file from
> > pcmcia slot to cf slot using miniroot, which did not work.
> >
> > I copied the tar files to the msdos partition of the cf slot using
> > wince. Then I extracted tar files using just one cf card and
> > everything worked ok.
> >
> > Maybe netbsd's driver for the pcmcia slot has some problem.
>
> Another stupid question, have you tried to put the CF card that has
> miniroot (and now the base.tgz file) into the pcmcia slot to test if
> it works there?

No, I always used the same cf card in the cf slot.

I did boot the 3.0 miniroot from pcmcia slot. I had a cf card in pcmcia slot
which contained all hpcsh software of version 3.0. In that case the cf card in
cf slot was wd1. Normally it's wd0. In this case tar did not work. Then I
copied everything from cf in pcmcia slot to msdos partition of cf slot using
wince, and removed the cf in pcmcia slot. After that the installation went just
fine.

The conclusion is that netbsd doesn't work very well if there are two cf cards
in jornada. Wince did the copying of files fine. This is not a problem for me
because I wanted to use two cf just for the installation.