Re: Jornada 680

billgacie wrote:
<..snip..>

Anyone using 3com card ? I found many of them almost for free, but I'm not sure what models are working with CE 2.11 I. Found this site http://www.cewindows.net/peripherals/pccardethernet.htm. I'd like to have a card without need to install driver (I guess each time I'm back from netbsd ?). So anyone using let say 3com 3CXE589EC ? This 3com site http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/result.jsp?selected=all&sort=effdt&sku=3CCE589ET&order=desc

Afaik (somebody please correct me if i'm wrong), WinCE only supports true NE2000 compatible cards out-of-the box. There should be third party drivers available for other cards, but don't ask me where. Manufacturers may well have discontinued support for WinCE2.11.

If you install the driver in winCE before booting NetBSD, then backup your 'nada to some medium (FAT partition on CF card usually), all you will need to do when you boot back to winCE is restore from your backup. This also has the neat effect of restoring all your saved settings, etc. (damn winCE hiding file extensions by default..)

IMHO, tho, you'll never want to boot windows again :)

One more questions from newbie:

1. Does xpdf works on jornada 680 ?

Yes. However, I've found it too slow, memory intensive, and the interface too awkward to use with much success on the 'nada. Personally, I suggest a little program called pdftohtml, which will convert your .PDF into a set of HTML files that is easily browseable on the Jornada with Links/Lynx, Dillo, or whatever.

I'm not sure if it is even in pkgsrc, but the source is available from http://pdftohtml.sourceforge.net/

Note that I can't say whether the source will run or even compile on NetBSD/hpcsh; I've only ever used the version from FreeBSD's ports, on i386.

HTH.
-Michael.