Port-hpcmips archive

Z50 window managers not working

I have 5.2.3 installed on my Z50.  Using pkgsrc, I compiled fvwm1 and
it worked.  Then I tried to compile fvwm, but got an error about
conflicting with fvwm1 installed.

So, then I installed jwm, and it starts X, but then dumps to the console.

Tried to start fvwm, and got the same issue when it had previously worked.

Then I installed icewm, and it fails as well.

I use:

startx jwm
startx fvwm
startx icewm

If I just use "startx" I get the basic X-Window with 3 terminal windows.

Not sure what is wrong.....