Port-hp300 archive

Re: HP 9000/332 support?

> On Apr 30, 2020, at 6:11 PM, Chris Hanson <cmhanson%eschatologist.net@localhost> wrote:
>
> Another issue I’ve noticed is that the HP 98343A video card is recognized as 1024x400@4bpp instead of 512x400@4bpp, so upon switch from the secondary booter to the kernel, wscons text is compressed and difficult to read. It might be necessary to special-case the 98343A for this if its ROM is returning the wrong data.

Make that the HP 98543A video card.

I’ve only given diofb.c a cursory glance. Does anyone have a suggestion for how I should modify diofb.c to force 512x400 mode?

(Also, the 9000/332’s onboard black & white 512x400 frame buffer doesn’t seem to be detected at all. I’m not sure if I have it disabled with one of the DIP switches though.)

  -- Chris