stability of Cobalt Qube 2

Dear list,

I am a proud owner of a Cobalt Qube 2
(http://kennywest.blogspot.com/2010/02/story-of-cobalt-qube.html) running
Debian Squeeze. I want to use this as a NAS device for backing up various Linux
machines on the network (I want to do this using mondo over NFS). Apparently
this proves more difficult than I thought (see also:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mips/2012/03/msg00015.html). Seems the Qube 2
dies under heavy network load. So whenever mondo tries to upload the restore
images to the NFS server, it starts to hang. Also tried using a newer network
card (since there is a free PCI slot anyway), still the same issue.
So, I was wondering, what if I tried NetBSD, would this be more stable? Are
there people on this list using a Qube 2 reliably?

Many thanks for your input.

regards,

Kenneth