Re: NetBSD Cobalt restore CD 4.99.72 on Qube 2700

On Oct 11, 2008, at 15:32, Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:

nimitz%nimitzbrood.com@localhost wrote:

So when the original install is finished does it run GENERIC or
INSTALL?

GENERIC. You could see the name in the motd message after login.
INSTALL is used for the firmware to load it directly without bootloader.

Got it.

If it runs install that explains why my kernel borked it -
I used GENERIC and removed a few things then added usb lines.

Maybe it's better to test such stuff on Qube2 with console first.

It was really difficult to debug bootloader for 2700 without serial console,
and to add serial console support itself to bootloader and kernel even
after I made the serial interface ;-)

Quite understandable and testing on the other box makes better sense.

But then I wouldn't be able to work and listen to mp3s. ;-)

Mike Hebel