Re: Compiling kernel for Qube2700WG?

A talking watermelon whispered a message to me from: Izumi Tsutsui
> nimitz%nimitzbrood.com@localhost wrote:
>
>> I believe it was the September 4.0 rescue image.
>
> I didn't have 2700 at that time :-)

Thank you for your help BTW.  It's only a little server but I'm trying to
keep my electrical costs down and making this box work well helps a lot.

I _could_ run all this on my E450 in the garage but I can't afford a chunk
that large added to my electric bill. ;-)

>> I tried just swapping the drive from one machine to another and the
>> Qube2
>> drive booted in the 2700 but hung trying to configure the network.
>
> 2700 has the different interrupt settings
> (tlp0 is connected to CPU int2 while other cobalts use int1),
> and -current and netbsd-4 branch (which will be 4.1) have the fix.
> (but forthcomming 4.0.1 doesn't unfortunately)

That explains much.

OT: Have you had trouble getting ram that works for these boxes?  Of my
current Cobalt boxes I think only one has 128M and any ram I've bought for
them seems to not be recognized.  Even the MemoryX ram I bought that was
specifically sold for Qube2/Raq2 units didn't work.
--
Mike

                -- Dr. Who