Re: Compiling kernel for Qube2700WG?

On Oct 7, 2008, at 4:21 PM 10/7/08, James Hartley wrote:

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Mike Hebel <nimitz%nimitzbrood.com@localhost> wrote:
And since I just added a buttload of swap to them (1gig swapfile on each one) they run simple stuff like gangbusters. PHP is still a hog though...

Not to sidetrack discussion, but why 1GB of swap?  Does output from
top(1) indicate that much space is ever being used?

I threw that amount of swap at one of them in desperation one time and it stuck. I'm sure if I wanted to I could dink with it and figure out where the threshold is but this was a lot easier. And despite what top(1) says the machine performs noticeably faster.

It's horribly wasteful but it works and since I've got the space I'll use it.
--
Mike Hebel

MARS NEEDS CHOCOS! - Martian Manhunter