Re: Long downloads, network frozen

On Mar 6, 2008, at 8:12 AM, David Albert wrote:

Claudio Leiva S wrote:
Samba on 4.0 but I don’t know if it was because I was moving from 2
different drives at the same time

My Raq2 has one drive and it still locks up :-(

Also, I get around 650kBps transfers using sftp
and around 800kBps using scp. Are these the
numbers others are getting? Can this be sped
up or is openSSL CPU-bound?

My Qube2 on the 4.99-current from a year ago started having drive issues when copying video_ts folder on the box from one folder to another.

I don't know that I can blame the version on that; but scp'ing the rest of the data off the box to my Qube3 happend at 1000k/sec.

With 4.0mk2 restore CD install onto a new drive, scp'ing the user dirs (9000 files for some users, 5 or 6 gigs total) they went back onto the Qube2 at 700k/sec.

Brian