Re: serial (console) connections between 2 boxes

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Brian wrote:
Anyway, I'm looking at the Qube3 sitting next to it... is there a clever way I could attach their two serial ports such that I could use one to monitor the console of the other? That would be useful.

You can throw the cable, but then you need to see which one runs getty (edit /etc/ttys), and which one connects to it (running cu, kermit, whatever). This doesn't work bi-directional as far as I understand.

 - Hubert