Re: Testing sysinst.fs

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 1:17 AM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:
>        Could you try a FLACON kernel without ST_POOL_SIZE defined (in
>        that case atari/atari_init.c should pick up the default of 40)
>
>> Hmm,  Falcon SCSI driver uses only ST-RAM, but TT can use TT-RAM... or
>> could
>> there be some other problems ?
>>
>> I'll try installer with 060 mode.
>
>        Another thing to test would be a kernel with DIAGNOSTIC and DEBUG
>        enabled - it will run more slowly but the extra consistency checks
>        can better pick up issues.

I tried FALCON kernel without ST_POOL_SIZE and this time there was no ST-mem
pool exhausted warning messages or crash :) Also REAL_DMA undefined kernel
works with 060 & 030 mode.

As a side note, I tried DIAGNOSTIC & DEBUG which crashed kernel immediately.
I found out that problem is when DEBUG is enabled. Here's tr command output
from db> prompt:
http://koti.welho.com/tmakinen/atari/panic2.jpg

-Tuomo