Re: Testing sysinst.fs

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 5:57 PM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

>        OK, found the issue. Would you believe it was an unmatched quote? :)
>
>        Could you try http://mono.org/abs/sysinst2.fs.gz
>
>        It should give you a message like
>
>            "Mounted /dev/md2a read-write"
>
>        before prompting for keyboard layout and running sysinst.

I tried this with Falcon, now there's different problem; after sysinst is
loaded, it starts to loop following messages:

erase ^H, werase ^W, kill ^U, intr ^C
mount: cannot open '/dev/md2a': no such file or directory
Unable to mount /dev/md2a read-write

I can break to sh shell with Cntr-C and there are only: md0a, md0c and md1a,
md1c devices in /dev ...

sysctl -n kern.root_device kern.root_partion returns
md2
0

I wonder why md2a does not exist in /dev, but it can be used as root device
to launch installer ?

I tried with fd0a device and it launches installer as assumed (I tried it to
the point when it prompts for keyboard layout).

-Tuomo