Re: Testing sysinst.fs

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 12:33 AM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Nov 2008, T. Makinen wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 5:57 PM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>>       OK, found the issue. Would you believe it was an unmatched quote?
>>> :)
>>>
>>>       Could you try http://mono.org/abs/sysinst2.fs.gz
>>>
>>>       It should give you a message like
>>>
>>>           "Mounted /dev/md2a read-write"
>>>
>>>       before prompting for keyboard layout and running sysinst.
>>
>> I tried this with Falcon, now there's different problem; after sysinst is
>> loaded, it starts to loop following messages:
>>
>> erase ^H, werase ^W, kill ^U, intr ^C
>> mount: cannot open '/dev/md2a': no such file or directory
>> Unable to mount /dev/md2a read-write
>>
>> I can break to sh shell with Cntr-C and there are only: md0a, md0c and
>> md1a,
>> md1c devices in /dev ...
>>
>> sysctl -n kern.root_device kern.root_partion returns
>> md2
>> 0
>>
>> I wonder why md2a does not exist in /dev, but it can be used as root
>> device
>> to launch installer ?
>>
>> I tried with fd0a device and it launches installer as assumed (I tried it
>> the point when it prompts for keyboard layout).
>
>        Could you try http://mono.org/abs/sysinst3.fs.gz ?

I tried this one with normal Falcon mode (no 68060 and no TT-RAM) with 14MB of
memory. I used FALCON config kernel.

Earlier problems are now gone, but when installer starts to make file systems
on partitions screen is populated with following message:
ST-mem pool exhausted, binpatch 'st_pool_size'to get more

After installer finishes creating file systems kernel panics with following
message:
panic: pool_put: buf1k: page header missing
stopped in pid 48.1 (mkdir) at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x6    unlk  a6

Here's tr command output from db> prompt:
http://koti.welho.com/tmakinen/atari/panic.jpg

Hmm,  Falcon SCSI driver uses only ST-RAM, but TT can use TT-RAM... or could
there be some other problems ?

I'll try installer with 060 mode.

>        OK, cue long explanation about device nodes and mountpoints
>        (just skip any parts you already know :)

That was extensive and great explanation :)

-Tuomo