Port-arm archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: sysupgrade can't reach nycdn.netbsd.org



On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 09:41:17AM -0400, Jim Spath wrote:
> Greg said:
> >  I would expect that sysupgrade would at least try v6 and then v4 if v6 fails.
> 
> Yes, I observed this when I had an IPV4 only connection, The
> sysupgrade fetch would try an IPv6 address, stall, then fall back to
> IPv4.
> 
> I had hoped sysupgrade would behave like pkgin, which has flags to
> omit 4 or 6 per request:
> 
>            -4               Forces to only use IPv4 addresses.
>            -6               Forces to only use IPv6 addresses.
> 
> Alas, I have no clue how to make this so.

I looked for the same thing, for the same reasons. Lacking a specific
solution for sysupgrade, I tried a system-wide setting that works here:

$ grep ip6 /etc/rc.conf
ip6addrctl=YES
ip6addrctl_policy="ipv4_prefer"

it's admittedly a larger hammer than "-4" flags, but seems workable
since there's no ipv6 connectivity here.


Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index