Port-arm archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: sysupgrade can't reach nycdn.netbsd.org



Ted Spradley <tsprad%talent-free-studios.com@localhost> writes:

> I have an OrangePi 5+ running 11.0_RC5 and I'm trying to upgrade to the
> latest 11.0 but sysupgrade can't seem to connect to nycdn.netbsd.org:
>
> sysupgrade: I: Downloading
> https://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-11/latest/evbarm-aarch64/binary/sets/base.tar.xz
> into /var/cache/sysupgrade
> ftp: Can't connect to `2a04:4e42:1b::262:443': Operation timed out
>  ftp: Can't connect to `nycdn.netbsd.org:https' 
> sysupgrade: E: Failed to fetch
> https://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-11/latest/evbarm-aarch64/binary/sets/base.tar.xz
>
> but I can copy and paste that URL into firefox on the same machine and
> it works fine. Is there something wrong with IPv6 on my system or is
> Firefox using IPv4 or am I just doing something stupid?

You aren't doing anything wrong but we need more information to figure
this out.

I believe firefox uses "happy eyeballs" which means trying v4 and v6 at
the same time and using whichever works first.

In a shell, do

ping6 nycdn.netbsd.org
ping nycdn.netbsd.org

and then traceroute6/traceroute to the same name.

You might also see if you have a global v6 address, how you got that,
what the default route is.


I would expect that sysupgrade would at least try v6 and then v4 if v6
fails.


Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index