Re: comments on installation instructions

On Wed 03 Jan 2024 at 18:37:24 +0300, Valery Ushakov wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 03, 2024 at 15:06:02 +0100, Benny Siegert wrote:
> > This is totally off-topic for port-arm, but is cloud-init supported
> > on NetBSD?
>
> cloud-init has some netbsd support in the sources
> (cf. cloudinit/distros/netbsd.py), but I never actually tried it on
> netbsd.

On https://bsd-cloud-image.org/ I found a collection of images that
claim to include cloud-init.

build.sh builds live images for amd64 and arm64 that include
distrib/utils/embedded/files/ec2_init which is a super-super minimal
user of the vm metadata that's also used by cloud-init. It handles
hostname, user and ssh key, and a random seed (if any).

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            <rhialto/at/falu.nl>
\X/ There is no AI. There is just someone else's work.           --I. Rose