Re: comments on installation instructions

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 01, 2024 at 07:22:31PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> The rest of it is vanilla.  It does not address -- and maybe this is not
> the right place and it belongs in the RPI  howto, which I should read
> again because I forget what's there even if I wrote part of it --
> several things:
>
>   If I want to edit the image to make it use serial console, what do I
>   do?

Edit cmdline.txt on the FAT partition and remove "console=fb", see
also https://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/raspberry_pi/#index10h2

>   If I want to enable ssh over the network, so I can do setup on
>   ethernet, if I don't have a monitor or a serial cable, what do I do?
>   How do I stick in a root password, and how do I enable sshd and tell
>   it to let root log in?

You can do that with a file "creds.txt" on the FAT partition.  See
/etc/rc.d/creds_msdos for details.  A few archs (evbarm, evbmips,
riscv) have "creds_msdos=YES" in their default /etc/rc.conf .

  Harold