Pinebook installation issues

Hi folks,

I tried to install a new NetBSD install on my Pinebook (the origional) on eMMC
with contained a linux but to no avail. If I install it using sysinst it
installs fine but on reboot the screen juts stays blank. After installing the
boot stuff with the pkgsrc uboot variant for Pinebook things didn't progressed
at all. In the end I managed to get it to boot by bluntly copying my working
microSD card image over my eMMC and hacking its disklabel to cater for its
small size, which wasnt as trivial as it should be as it didn't update the
kernel version and kept complaining about the disc not having a valid
disklabel. I then installed it with the `current' partitions and disklabel and
it now boots fine.

Has there been a regression with the u-boot? Or am I not following the
recommended path?

As for performance, the eMMC is a lot faster and quite noticable. Firefox
works but thats all that can be said for its bog slow. I've updated to

NetBSD arm64 9.3_STABLE NetBSD 9.3_STABLE (GENERIC64) #0: Fri Aug  4 19:51:59
UTC 2023
mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/evbarm/compile/GENERIC64 evbarm

Now there was some talk about a pthread issue that might plague the machine
but haven't tried out newer kernels.

With regards,
Reinoud