NetBSD on OrangePi 5 (RK3588)

Hi!

Someone on Mastodon linked me to https://github.com/edk2-porting/edk2-rk3588, which is a Tianocore EDK2 UEFI environment for the Orange Pi 5 and other RK3588 devices. I managed to get this plus a NetBSD arm64 generic image onto an SD card and boot from it.

However, with root on SD, the SD card is not properly initialized. The error message is

SDHC (RKCPFE2C) at acpi0 not configured

With the root filesystem on a USB storage device, the kernel panics when accessing the root device (https://photos.app.goo.gl/VK2ddfATYdU41ZMe7).

Any ideas? This is with -current as of a few days ago.

—
Benny