Blocking Google mail [was Re: VM hardware and booting]

>>> I tried passing along some helpful tips via email, but the mail got
>>> blocked with some note about not accepting mail from gmail because
>>> google is a spammer.  Oh well ....
>> [...]
>> But I'm curious: why bother posting to the list if you're going to
>> be that uninformative?
> There is information there.

Oh, certainly.  But not much, and not information that answered any of
my questions.

> Just not what you are ready to receive.

Um...what information is there that you think I'm not ready to receive?
It looks to me as though the information there is that, well, you tried
to pass along some tips, but you sent them through Google and they thus
got rejected.

That information was received, and I'm just fine with receiving it.

There is also the "Oh well" and the meta-information that you think it
worth posting what you did; combined with your remark about what (you
think) I'm "ready to receive", the most plausible inference I have come
up with is that you intend some (unspecified) criticism of my policy.
I'm fine with receiving that information too.  Why would you think
otherwise?  Do you think I must not have received the information
because I'd reverse my stance if I had?  Or is my inference incorrect?

In passing, this will be my last on-list message in this thread.  If
you respond and I feel moved to respond in turn, I will do so off-list
from mouse%netbsd.org@localhost address, which, based on your list mail, _should_
receive mail from you directly despite your use of Google.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign