Re: LG Nexus 5

On 2022-11-23 03:15, Shao Miller wrote:
[...]

Known issues:

1. The hack to simplefb to support 24-bit color isn't quite right.  It
appears to result in green text (unless that's always true?) and there
is some kind of glitch in which text from the bottom might become
interleaved with text near the top, or even interleaved with such text
from a previous boot of the device.  (When I used some framebuffer
code from 'tinyfont' and it used 24 bits per pixel, it was fine.)

[...]

A mailing-list reader has very kindly informed me that green text for the kernel is standard, so lesson learned.

The unexpected "interleaving" is more mysterious, if the green text isn't a result of the hack to simply accept the 24-bit colour mode in simplefb.

- Shao Miller