Re: Raspberry Pi 4 unstable when run from USB stick

On Sun, Nov 20, 2022 at 8:39 AM Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>   - Is this a problem with the stick, or with the Pi?
>   - Any ideas so that this no longer occurs?
>   - Do other folks have the same issue with USB-attached storage?

Some general points:

I have had both USB attached (regular USB stick) and SD card problems
on Pis. I think there is a quality difference between cheap and
expensive.

I suspect there are quality control issues with some Pi devices
although it's probably getting better. I've had a few go bad in the
past.

Bad power supplies are a thing. Put a few on a scope sometime and look
at the difference between a bad one and a good one.

I have a USB power supply that came with a relatively well known audio
device that seems to work very well. It doesn't sag powering my Pi 4
and a few USB devices.

Andy