Re: Quartz64

Jared McNeill <jmcneill%invisible.ca@localhost> wrote:
> On Feb 2, 2022, at 12:39 PM, Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
>
>> Have you got any plans to get the builtin SATA controller to work?
>
>Built-in SATA support is planned, but not trivial. It requires a runtime
>config option because you have to sacrifice the USB3 port to use
>it. This complicates things because the board doesn’t have SPI
>flash. For a config option I need a place to store environment variables
>and the only place left is the boot device (SD or eMMC). Having UEFI env
>vars on SD or eMMC means a sacrifice has to be made - either breaking RT
>services, or hiding the booted card from the OS since there is no way to
>arbitrate card access between the OS and firmware.

I would be fine with two builds of UEFI, as suggested by mouse.

What is the process for adding extra drivers to NetBSD for boards using
ACPI, do we need to get you to add definitions for them to the APCI
table in UEFI?

Or can devices be configured just using the device tree as well?

I'm trying to work out how to handle the GPU, we maybe want to be able
to build both ACPI and FDT versions of a module for it.

Robert Swindells