Re: problems getting a banana pi to boot off a hard disk (long)

Hi!

I came upon these posts while reinstalling my own Banana Pi.
Just wanted to mention there is a much easier solution that
can use stock binaries and does not need custom boot scripts:

Remove all partitions from the SD-card.

If U-Boot loads from the SD-card but cannot find any EFI or FAT
partition there it will automatically continue with the AHCI scan and
load /efi/boot/bootarm.efi from the first gpt EFI System Partition
on the SATA disk. This then continues to load the ELF /netbsd kernel
from the first NetBSD FFS gpt partition.

Kind regards,
-Tobias