qemu applications hang

Hello,

I've been trying to run NetBSD as a guest under a NetBSD host on aarch64. All of the qemu utilities just hang. For example:

tweek2:~# qemu-img -h
^C

The same thing happens when trying to launch a VM, etc. I'm at a loss as to how to troubleshoot this.

This is qemu-5.1 from pkgsrc-2020Q3, installed from binary. I tried compiling myself but there was a dependency that couldn't be found. I can post more information about that if it would help.

Thanks in advance,

Jason M.