RPI3 lightening bolt and firmware files

I am using the image[1] on RPI3B and am facing the lightening bolt symbol,
just as described in thread [2]. At that time the problem was solved by
copying the firmware files from [3]. This time around I downloaded from
the same location, but now Pi does not go beyond the splash screen.

Also wonder, as discussed in thread[2] should rather the upstream
firmware[4] be used as it seems more recent.

[1] http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-9/latest/evbarm-earmv7hf/binary/gzimg/armv7.img.gz
[2] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-arm/2019/05/21/msg005730.html
[3] http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/src/external/broadcom/rpi-firmware/dist/
[4] https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/tree/master/boot