Re: NetBSD/AArch64 desk/laptop replacement?

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 11:10:31 +0000
Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:

> My current Thinkpad is dying and I was wondering if the Raspberry Pi
> 4-B 8GB would be a half-decent laptop replacement, obviously with the
> addition of a monitor and external drive.

The whole point of a laptop is portability, so you can take it with you
wherever you go and run from a battery. How would this work with RPi?

If you need a desktop, second hand HP Z workstation from Ebay is quite
decent and works pretty well. RPi is good enough for a home DNS or
media server that runs 24/7 and needs low power. For desktop use it's
not powerful or flexible enough and can't be expanded with more RAM,
graphics, disks, etc.