Re: Odroid C2 vs. network

On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 22:04:24 +0200
Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> I can send packets just fine, but never receive anything.
>
> U-Boot is happy to tftp load files for me, so hardware/server side are
> ok.

I had similar symptoms with a -C1+ about two months ago; it's
configured to pull the kernel off of the SD card and mount NFS as root.
Been running nicely like that for several years, the one day it just
stopped. Kernel would load and never complete DHCP, despite tcpdump
showing the DHCP server returning a lease. Power cycling didn't help;
nor did moving to ODroid to different switch ports. Pulled all the
cables and left it unpowered for two days, still didn't work. Crimped
two new ethernet cables even. Tried the previous kernel. I was about to
replace the entire machine.

I don't remember how I reached this conclusion, but decided the awge
adapter was stuck on a bogus speed/duplex setting and "remembered" that
state even while powered down.

I configured the switch port to 100mbit half duplex no negotiation,
rebooted the ODroid, then set the switch back to autonegotiate,
rebooted another time.

It's been working and reliable again ever since.

--
Aaron B. <aaron%zadzmo.org@localhost>