Re: NetBSD-9 with BeagleBone Black

On Sat, 9 May 2020 14:06:29 -0300 (ADT)
Jared McNeill <jmcneill%invisible.ca@localhost> wrote:

> On Sat, 9 May 2020, Sad Clouds wrote:
>
> > Copied the image to SD card:
> > # dd if=armv7.img of=/dev/sdc bs=1M
> >
> > But on boot get the following error:
> >
> > U-Boot 2013.04-dirty (Jul 10 2013 - 14:02:53)
>
> Stop right there. We've stopped supporting "random vendor U-Boot"s
> for this board in 9.0. You need to use
> sysutils/u-boot-beagleboneblack instead, either by replacing the one
> on your eMMC or removing the one on eMMC and installing it to your SD
> card.

OK, I assumed that armv7.img contained all the necessary boot code for
it. I'm trying to boot from SD card which contains NetBSD image. There
is a FAT partition and a NetBSD partition. So are you saying when this
image is generated by build.sh the boot code is not installed and needs
to be done manually?

If this is the case, is there any documentation that describes
exactly how uboot should be installed for NetBSD?