Re: BeagleBone can't find boot/root device w/netbsd-9?

jdbaker%consolidated.net@localhost ("John D. Baker") writes:

>So:

>  bootm 82000000 root=cpsw0

>Causes a data abort and resets:

>=> bootm 82000000 root=cpsw0
>## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 82000000 ...
>   Image Name:   NetBSD/beagle 9.0_BETA
>   Created:      2019-10-24   2:27:16 UTC
>   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)

You see that this kernel is tagged as Linux, not as NetBSD as I said.
So U-Boot will use the Linux startup convention, but the kernel code
will interpret the data as for the NetBSD startup convention. Thus the
crash.

I fixed the wrong tagging in -current with:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2019/09/27/msg109439.html

and that hasn't been pulled up to -9.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost