Honeycomb LX2K (was Re: Lenovo ThinkSystem HR330A)

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019, Swift Griggs wrote:

Do you happen to know how much of that fancy hardware besides the CPU will work with NetBSD? Specifically, the 10GBE, the M.2, and the USB3 ? Also,

So if skip the pre-production boards and wait for final silicon, the board claims to support the Arm SBSA standard [0].

For any SBSA compliant board, the following base system devices should work out of the box, barring some driver and/or chip bug:

 - Interrupt controller (GICv2 or v3)
 - Timers
 - UART
 - USB2 controller (EHCI)
 - USB3 controller (XHCI)
 - PCIe
 - Watchdog
 - SATA controller

Since the network controller is out of scope for SBSA, you'll have to figure out what the LX2160A has and see if we have a driver for it already.. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Cheers,
Jared

[0] https://static.docs.arm.com/den0029/a/Server_Base_System_Architecture_v3_1_Arm_DEN_0029A.pdf