Re: Help with device tree overlays on RPI

On 12/11/2018 16:32, Jason Thorpe wrote:

On Nov 12, 2018, at 7:27 AM, Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

Jason Thorpe <thorpej%me.com@localhost> wrote:
I'm trying to use a device tree overlay for a hardware project I'm
working on.

I didn't even know you could split device tree binaries into overlays.

It's particularly helpful on things like RPI, etc... a lot of the folks who make add-on boards supply a .dtbo for their board, and the RPI firmware even supports reading the overload from an EERPOM on the board.  That's essentially what I'm doing (sans the EEPROM).

... and the motivation for me to FDTise RPI (not that I could test it).

doesn't the raspberrypi-userland package include some tools to help here?

Nick