Re: Failure to build "evbarm" release?

> On May 21, 2018, at 8:38 AM, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
>
> I do agree that having those functions in libc was a bad idea,

So, if we think having them in libc is a bad idea (I don’t disagree, but the MD5 stuff at least has been there for a long time), and if we prefer people using the OpenSSL variants, then it seems like a palatable solution is to disable installing the man page for the libc variant (or perhaps rename it to have a libc_ prefix).  Heck, we can even rename the libc variant functions to libc_whatever and export alias symbols for the legacy names to keep binary compatibility.

-- thorpej