Re: 'build.sh -m evbarm -a earmv7hf -j 8 build' fails in librumpdev_raidframe.so

Eddy Petrișor <eddy.petrisor%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

>>> Am I doing something wrong, or this is something that is indeed an issue?

>> Probably you are not.  If you didn't start with a clean objdir/destdir,
>> I would rm -rf them and restart.

> I already tried this and even used git clean -f -d -x which basically
> removes anything which is untracked by git.
>
> As said before, I use the official git clone.

When build.sh runs, it creates objdirs, a destdir, and a releasedir.  I
use a script (BUILD-NetBSD from pkgsrc/sysutils/etcmanage) which passes
arguments to set them, and I don't remember the defaults :)  But
sometimes stale stuff in objdirs can be trouble.

When you get a working build, you can see where these are.

>>> Is there someting related to -j8 or to the linux host?

>> Not all that likely related to -j8.  If related to linux, there's a bug.

>> This smells like a change that needed a rump change.  I would recommend
>> doing a "git remote update -p" and "git merge --ff-only @{u}".  Which
>> amounts to git pull, from someone who dislikes the merge commits it can
>> make :-)

Somebody told me offlist that there was a change in -current that needed
a further change to fix rump.

> I have no local changes in the tree.

>> I'll kick off a build of current from cvs, on netbsd-7 amd64.

My build finished ok.

current is like this.  Sometimes there is a change checked in that
breaks things, and usually it is fixed pretty fast.   These pages are
useful:

https://releng.netbsd.org/b5reports/amd64/
https://releng.netbsd.org/b5reports/amd64/commits-2017.11.html#end