Re: NetBSD on Raspberry Pi 3

Emilian Bold <emilian.bold%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Just noticed I used a nightly build from the netbsd-7-0/ branch and
> not HEAD.
>
> I will test tomorrow a current- build on my PI 3 and I expect it to
> work.
>
> Still, I would prefer a stable 7.X release with Pi 3 support.

I don't know anything useful about the RPI3 specifically, but
Jun Ebihara regularly posts messages with RPI images, and I had the
impression RPI3 worked:
  https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-arm/2016/11/23/msg003970.html

Also, you mentioned "7.0.2".  The plan for 7.0.x is to have only
security fixes and really serious bugs fixed relative to 7.0. There is
also a branch "netbsd-7" that is where 7.0 was cut from, and it's likely
there will be a 7.1 cut from it someday.  Besides security fixes,
well-tested improvements also get added.  I generally find branches like
netbsd-7 to be the best blend of stability and up-to-dateness, and have
been running them on production (but not mass market customer-facing)
machines without issues.  I don't have any reason to think RPI3 support
is or isn't in netbsd-7, but it seems highly likely that netbsd-7-0 is
overly conservative for your needs.