MIPS laptops ( was Re: cheap 8-core ARM board )

Hello,

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 21:11:51 +0100
Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 02:52:03PM +0100, Christian Baer wrote:
> > with OpenWRT. The new and fast ones are all ARM based. That isn't
> > necessarily a bad thing but it noticeable. At the same time, the
> > Chinese are making laptops with MIPS CPUs.
>
> Really laptops with MIPS CPUs? Haven't seen one come by yet but maybe I wasn't
> looking hard enough :)

You didn't pay attention then, I've had one for years ;)

These are still being made AFAIK:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemote

Not exactly high end hardware, difficult to find and kinda pricey
outside China though.

have fun
Michael