Re: cheap 8-core ARM board

On 11/21/16 17:54, John Klos wrote:
What I am still hoping for is a MIPS based board that can compete
against a RasbPI 2 or 3 - just to be exotic. :-) I know there is a
MIPS board out there, but it is quite slow in comparison.

Well, one of the faster MIPS systems I'm currently running are the
Ubiquity Networks Edgerouter Lite 3 (Erlite3 for short). Dual core

It's funny that with all of the boards out there, we can't get a fast MIPS CPU, but we can get a MIPS board with two or more real gigabit ethernets, and we can get any of a few dozen ARM boards with tons of multi-gigaherz cores but none with two (or more) real gigabit interfaces. I think there are lots of us who are waiting for the ideal low power routing device.

The EdgeRouter is hit-and-miss. It was working, then not, then working. Right now we have alignment issues which make it unusable for routing:

http://gnats.netbsd.org/50766

Did you try the recent commit for this?

Nick