Panic on Banana Pi with netbsd-7

Hi,

I have a Banana Pi which runs netbsd-7 ARMv7 HF big endian. The last kernel was from 31-January-2016. I just compiled a new kernel because I wanted to add gif and vlan pseudo-devices, and now it panics within a minute of booting with:

panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "TCP_HDR_ALIGNED_P(th)" failed: file "/usr/src/sys/netinet/tcp_input.c", line 1344
cpu0: Begin traceback...

I'm assuming that this is from the changes here:

https://www.netbsd.org/~riastradh/tmp/20160203/inputalign.patch

but I'm sure other people have been using Banana Pis since then, so what about being big endian may be causing issues here that aren't issues on little endian boards?

John