Re: How to "upgrade" RPI? (I got a panic)

On Tue, 10 May 2016, John Klos wrote:

Is there some method to upgrade that's better than another?

I plan on building a release from current in the next few days and
trying again before I mention the panic in case it's fixed.

scp -r all the sets, then untargzip each one in / except etc.tgz, then run postinstall -s /wherever/etc.tgz check and fix what it reports.

Make sure you use the -p option on tar ... Otherwise you'll have all sorts of problems.

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:      |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org |