Re: Looking for ARM hardware

On 15 March 2016 at 18:30, John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> wrote:
[snip]

> I'm about to order one of these:
>
> http://www.banana-pi.org/r1.html
>
> The Banana Pi that I have runs NetBSD very well, so I expect the R1 Router
> will work well, too.

Before you do, have a /good/ read of this, especially the 'issues' section:

http://linux-sunxi.org/Lamobo_R1

To get networking... erm... working... you'll need the patches from here:

https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-arm/2015/04/05/msg003031.html

I've got a (recentish) build of 7 with these added, I'd be happy to
put the microSD image somewhere if it's any use.

I was planning on building a home router with it but after reading the
above have sort of abandonded that idea. Also with the above patch you
get one of the networking ports working, I've not looked into getting
the others up but I suspect it requires more skill than I have. :)

I've had the wireless working too (although only at 11g as that's all
my home wifi runs at).

Cheers,

Ian