Re: Looking for ARM hardware

I'm about to order one of these:
http://www.banana-pi.org/r1.html

But I gave up on the firewall idea after googling a bit about the R1, which is a bit strange. AFAIK all the Ethernet ports are combined into a BCM53125 switch thingy + a real ethernet which is connected to the switch. Hence, while it is possible to split these up via VLANs they are electrically a single bridged infrastructure. So, eg. if the box crashes but power is still on then your outside will effectively be bridged to your inside, which I consider a bit pessimal for a firewall.

I was under the impression that the device had two real gigabit ports. I know - I'm SO picky, wanting vendors to actually SAY what hardware we're getting! Having everything go through one gigabit using VLANs isn't ideal, but the real question is how much throughput it can handle.

The VLAN configuration shouldn't change if the OS crashes.

John